RCMP say that an Amber Alert for two kidnapped children and their mother is now over.
Mounties say that a suspect is in custody and two young kids and their mother who were at the centre of the alert are safe.
The alert was first issued earlier on Saturday, March 26, by RCMP in British Columbia. Mounties there allege that a 36-year-old man kidnapped a woman and her two young children. The woman and kids hadn't been seen since March 24.
Later in the day, the alert pushed east. Manitoba RCMP sent out an emergency alert around 5:30 p.m. Saturday evening saying that the investigation had led police to believe the suspect and victims may be in the Winnipeg region.
Jeff Duggan, Detachment Commander and Inspector for the Kenora OPP, says "officers from the Kenora OPP set up a proactive patrol on the west highway and spotted the vehicle."
"The vehicle was stopped and the children and mother were found safe."
At 6:30 p.m. Manitoba RCMP sent out a notice saying the suspect had been apprehended and the victims were all safe.
In a press release, the BC RCMP says that they were located in Kenora, Ont. "By 3:30 p.m. PT (6:30 p.m. ET) today, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) confirmed that they had located the vehicle and the four individuals in Kenora, Ont., just east of Manitoba. The man was taken into custody. The mother and her two children are safe and receiving support."