Estevan Fire Rescue had a few calls come in last week, with crews going out into the community.

On March 11, at 3:10 p.m., a crew was dispatched to a residential carbon monoxide alarm in the southwest area of the city. Crews responded and found no readings of CO detected in the home. The crew believed the cause to be a faulty detection device.

Later in the week on March 13, at 5:00 p.m., a crew was dispatched to a 2 vehicle collision in the Estevan Market Mall parking lot. Incident command responded and determined that assistance was not required. Responding crews were stood down, with EPS assisting those involved.

On March 16, at 8:50 p.m., a crew was dispatched to a commercial fire alarm in the northeast area of the city. Crews responded, investigated, and did not find an emergency occurring. They assisted in resetting the alarm system before clearing the scene.

As well, on the evening of March 16, Estevan Fire Rescue hosted its annual awards banquet.