The Canadian Red Cross is assisting two families who were driven out of their home by a house fire in Estevan over the weekend.

Melanie Horton, Emergency Management Coordinator with the Canadian Red Cross, said both families have been given accommodations.

"They received emergency lodging, food, and clothing from the Red Cross," said Horton. "They were put up in a hotel for three nights. And then we also provide a little bit of money for some hygiene products...such as shampoo, conditioner, tooth brush, that sort of thing."

The fire occurred at a home on Albert Street and affected two different family units.

"I'm sure it's difficult. I don't want to speak for them. It's always a difficult thing when you lose you home, and all your belongings, and memories, and keepsakes and stuff like that," Horton said. "So I'm sure they're just trying to figure out how to get back on their feet and where they're going to go next and that sort of thing."

Meanwhile, a neighbour was able to capture footage of the house during the fire on Saturday night.

Video courtesy of Carl Hanson: