The Town of Carnduff is a friendly, vibrant community in southeast Saskatchewan that is nestled in the heart of the southeast corner of Saskatchewan. This active community continues to grow and develop in both the urban residential and commercial sectors. With caring, community-minded individuals and strong oil and agricultural industry, the Town of Carnduff has much to offer.
Carnduff, with a population of approximately 1200, is located approximately 92 kms east of Estevan, west of the intersection of Highway 318 & Highway 18. The Town of Carnduff and Rural Municipality of Mount Pleasant No. 2 invites everyone to experience this community and a variety of activities for all seasons, whether it be cultural, recreational or relaxation that you are looking for. It truly is a fantastic place to live, work and a safe place to raise a family with a little of something for people of all ages!
In 1882 John Carnduff, J. B. Preston, W.S. and James Barker drew lots for land to adjoin one another, this being the first Carnduff settlement, a mile and half west of the current Town location. In the fall of 1891, the railway came to Carnduff. It was at that time that the settlement was moved to its current location as the railway wanted the town built on CPR land enabling them to sell property. The Hamlet became a village on March 29, 1899. In 1905 the population had grown to the required population to be given Town status. With this came the first mayor, J.B. Preston and the first town council. Let’s just say the rest is history....
The Town of Carnduff has many forms of recreation available & the excellent facilities are sure to please. Here are just a few of the reasons why Carnduff is a great place to live, work and play:
- Baseball diamonds: these baseball facilities are among the best in the province. They are located approximately 1 km west of Carnduff and include concession, two softball diamonds, two hard-ball diamonds, and a full size hard-ball diamond.
- Camping: 2 campgrounds available in Carnduff - one by the Ball Diamonds which has full service hook-ups and the Lion's Campground which has electrical sites.
- Curling: four sheets of artificial ice.
- Golfing: one of Saskatchewan's longest 9 hole courses, it holds plenty of challenge for golfers.
- Carnduff Centennial Arena: a modern arena with artificial ice in the winter for skating and a cement floor in the summer for other activities such as high school graduations, socials, and reunions.
- Parks & Recreation
- Swimming: Outdoor Heated Swimming Pool and Wading Pools are open for public swimming from June to September with swimming lessons offered in July and August.
- Beautiful Municipal Park: contains a swimming pool, lawn shuffle board, picnic tables, barbecue pits, and a large bandstand.
- Playgrounds: a creative playground is located at eh Carnduff Elementary School and the Lions Kiddies playground is close to the shopping area.
- And much more! This community also features a movie theatre, bowling alley, museum, tennis courts, and a host of other activities.