The first settlers of Forget arrived from Belgium and France in 1892 through the efforts of the missionary-colonizer, Monseigneur Jean-Isadore Gaire. This area also attracted French-speaking settlers from Quebec. In 1899, La Salette priests arrived from France to administer the parish and served within this community for 46 years. As the settlement grew, the community established the Forget Post Office on September 1, 1904. The Village of Forget was then incorporated in November of the same year.
The name Forget honours Amédée Emmanuel Forget, then Lieutenant Governor of the Northwest Territories, and soon to be the first Lieutenant Governor of Saskatchewan.
In 1905 several sisters of Our Lady of the Cross came from France and opened a convent with a bilingual school, later named St. Joseph's Academy. In the 1920's work began on the Our Lady of La Salette Shrine to which annual pilgrimages were made for a number of years. The Church of Our Lady of La Salette remains in weekly use.
Today, Forget is home to a post office, credit union, and motor vehicle license issuer. The former Catholic rectory has been renovated and now is a non-profit organization to support the arts.
- The Church of Our Lady of La Salette
- The remaining building of St. Joseph’s Academy.