The village of Glen Ewen, with at population of 150 residents (2004 census) is located 75 km east of Estevan on Highway 18. Glen Ewen was founded on March 24, 1905 by a rail worker and the village’s first postmaster, Thomas Ewen. The first post office was named by Mrs. Ewen after her husband's family in 1890. "Glen" was traced back to ancestors in Glen Coe, Scotland. Ewen was originally spelled Ewan. The first settlers began arriving in 1882 with the belief a railway would shortly be built. It was not until 1891 that tracks were laid in the Glen Ewen area. The district was largely settled by people of British origin, from both eastern Canada and overseas. Much of the history of Glen Ewen remains a mystery, as most, if not all of the historical records were lost in numerous fires throughout the years. The streets used to be lined with dozens of businesses, including restaurants, general stores, implement dealers, hardware suppliers, a hotel, and a theatre. Today all that remains is a store. The school was closed in November, 1989 and now is the Glen Ewen Communiplex. Major Industries of the area include agriculture, oil and gas.
- Glen Ewen Communiplex