Outram is located off of Highway #18, approximately 30 kms from Estevan and within the RM of Cambria which was established in 1909. The southeast quarter section 30-3-10 was chosen as the site of the pumphouse to pump water from the Souris River to Macoun for the train on the Soo Line. The dam was first built and then the stone building, house and pumphouse were built in the fall of 1910. Outram was the name given to the second station west of Estevan along the Estevan Neptune Railroad branch built in 1913.
As soon as the railroad came through the elevator was built. A Post office was later established and was first operated by Ed Erickson, who also built and operated a general store selling groceries from a tent, mostly to the railroad crew on construction of the new line in 1912.
In 1957 a two sheet curling rink was built and used for several years for curling, a then a few years for skating. In 1975 most of the roof collapsed from the excess weight of snow, leaving only the waiting room and a little more still standing. The rink is still in the same condition and the waiting room only used for meetings and in connection with events within the area and the local ball diamonds.
The Outram Airport, an Auxillary to the Estevan Airport was built by the Commonwealth Air Training Scheme for the purpose of training pilots when the Commonwealth was fighting in World War 2.
Source: "Our Prairie Heritage - Cambria 1902-1977" and to Roy Memory who supplied most of the information in the book.