5. Wauchope is 227 KM from Regina, 127 KM from Estevan, 143 from Weyburn, and 167 KM from Brandon. The village is small and tight-knit, with five core families still residing in the town.
4. It`s been 104 years since the telephone first made it to Wauchope in 1914.
3. Wauchope was a booming community when first established; There were two livery barns, two or more general stores, a bakery, butcher shop, hotel, barbershop, poolroom, two blacksmiths, a lumber yard, two or more implement agencies and a real estate promoter.
2. The railroad reached Wauchope in 1901 and was named for General W. Wauchope of the Boer War, along with other surrounding communities like Redvers.
1. Our Town Salute today goes to Wauchope! Congratulations to this historic community and thank you for making Southeast Saskatchewan such a beautiful place to live!
To read more on Wauchope, go HERE!