It's a good reminder for people to get their furnaces checked after the Estevan Fire and Rescue Department was called out following a carbon monoxide alarm.
"Crews responded," shared Fire Chief, Dale Feser. "They did find carbon monoxide in the home so thankfully everyone was safely escaping the home and did not suffer any exposures."
"When crews did enter the building, they found an issue with the furnace. The furnace was isolated and shut down. The home was ventilated and turned back over to the homeowner to wait for a plumber and SaskEnergy to attend the scene."
Feser added that they were not called to any accidents due to the icy conditions.
"I think people have really taken into consideration and slowed their driving habits down and been able to commute in a safe manner."