Estevan Fire Rescue was in action this morning as they were called to the 900 block of 4th Street at around 10:00 AM.
"We were called to a structure fire at 912 4th Street. It was reported that the fire was actually in the basement, so crews made entry into the home and encountered light smoke. It was a fixed electrical fixture that had overheated with ageing electrical infrastructure in the home," shared Fire Chief Dale Feser.
"Crews were able to safely isolate power to the home from the breaker panel."
They then ventilated the home to clear it of smoke and smell, and turned it back over to the owner.
"Thankfully somebody was home at the time, and their quick thinking actions of calling 911 allowed crews to get there ASAP and handle the situation quickly," Feser said.