Following what turned out to be a busy week, firefighters got some breathing room over the weekend and the next couple days. However, there were a few items to attend to.
"Friday was uneventful. Saturday we had a commercial fire alarm in the northeast area of the city. Crews arrived on scene and found it to be a faulty detection device," shared Fire Chief Dale Feser.
"(On Sunday), we had a public engagement event with the Estevan Church of God kids program. We had staff members present to provide some fire safety messages and education, as well as provide a search and rescue drill involving the students, making sure they were very interactive as well as having a display of the fire truck in which they had a little bit of a tour of afterwards."
On Monday afternoon, they received another call to a commercial fire alarm, this time in the northcentral part of town.
"Crews arrived on scene to find the three story occupancy, which was in alarm, however there was no visible smoke or flame showing. Upon further investigation, the fire alarm panel was indicating that it was a duct sensor. Crews swept the entire third floor, focusing on that particular area, and there was no cause for alarm so this was a faulty detection device," added Feser, noting that furnaces and other such appliances starting up can tend to release dust, which will end up mimicing smoke at times.