After a two year investigation, the Estevan Police Service has announced charges in relation to an armed robbery that occurred in the fall of 2015.
"The Estevan Police Criminal Investigation Unit has concluded a two year investigation into a November 23, 2015 armed robbery which occurred at the Royal Height Esso Station on the city's west side," explained Deputy Police Chief, Murray Cowan. "Charges have been laid against 27 year old, Evan Garrow of Estevan. He has been charged with the following offences."
- Armed robbery (Section 344.1b of the Criminal Code)
- Commit an indictable offence while face was masked or covered (Section 351.2 of the Criminal Code)
- Theft of a motor vehicle in excess of $5000 (Section 333.1 of the Criminal Code)
"The Criminal Investigation Unit has also laid five further charges against Mr. Garrow in relation to a separate investigation dating back to the spring of 2017."
- 4 charges of Uttering threats (Section 264.1.1.a of the Criminal Code)
- Intimidating a court witness (Section 423.1b of the Criminal Code)
"Mr. Garrow will make his next appearance on these matters on November 7, 2017 in Weyburn."
"It should be noted extensive work has gone into these investigations by our CIU detectives. Although investigations can become dated, they often remain ongoing and can result in these types of conclusions."
"Anyone with information regarding any serious offences regardless of when it may have happened are encouraged to contact the Estevan Police Service, your local police service or Saskatchewan Crime Stoppers."