Special air quality statement in effect for:
- R.M. of Benson including Benson
- R.M. of Brokenshell including Trossachs
- R.M. of Caledonia including Milestone and Parry
- R.M. of Cambria including Torquay and Outram
- R.M. of Cymri including Midale Macoun and Halbrite
- R.M. of Estevan including Estevan and Hitchcock
- R.M. of Fillmore including Fillmore Creelman and Osage
- R.M. of Griffin including Griffin and Froude
- R.M. of Lake Alma including Lake Alma and Beaubierd
- R.M. of Laurier including Radville
- R.M. of Lomond including Colgate and Goodwater
- R.M. of Norton including Pangman and Khedive
- R.M. of Scott including Yellowgrass Lang and Lewvan
- R.M. of Souris Valley including Tribune and Oungre
- R.M. of Wellington including Cedoux Colfax and Tyvan
- R.M. of Weyburn including Weyburn and McTaggart
Elevated pollution levels are expected or occurring.
Forest fire smoke continues over portions of central and southeastern Saskatchewan this afternoon. The smoke is expected to start lifting northward tonight as southerly winds strengthen, and move out of southern Saskatchewan during the day on Friday.
Individuals may experience symptoms such as increased coughing, throat irritation, headaches or shortness of breath. Children, seniors, and those with cardiovascular or lung disease, such as asthma, are especially at risk.
Visit www.airhealth.ca for information on how to reduce your health risk and your personal contribution to pollution levels, as well as for current and forecast AQHI values.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada.