When Carlyle RCMP responded to a complaint of an impaired driver, they found more than they were looking for.
According to the news release, at around 1:45 pm on Wednesday, October 10th, Carlyle RCMP stopped a vehicle in Arcola.
"The adult male driver and lone occupant was tested by a qualified Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) RCMP member."
"The test supported an impaired driving charge and a subsequent search of the vehicle obtained an illegally altered firearm believed to have been stolen."
41-year-old Lindsay Cote of White Bear First Nation is charged with a number of offenses, including:
- Impaired Driving - Section 253(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Drive while Prohibited - Section 259(4)of the Criminal Code
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm - Section 86(1)of the Criminal Code
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle - 91(1) of the Criminal Code
- Defacing a Serial # on a firearm - 108(1)(b) of the Criminal Code
- Possessing a firearm while Prohibited from doing so - 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code
- Breach of Probation (X2) - 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code
Cote will make an appearance in Estevan Provincial Court today.